Sunday 6 April 2014

The Dark Skies of the North Pennines - A Photographer's Delight

Graham Relf FRAS is a member of Tynemouth Photographic Society.

"Over the past few years I have been amazed by what I can photograph in a clear night sky with my Canon camera and very little additional equipment (away from light polluted areas). So much so that I have written a book about it. I am keen to encourage others to have a go and to experience similar amazement. Today's digital cameras enable amateurs to do things which required professional equipment only a few years ago.
The book contains more than 50 of my own images, mostly in colour, with a gentle introduction to the astronomy behind each one. The last part of the book goes into techniques for photographers but it aims to be less technical than most books on astrophotography. I have self-published the book through York Publishing Services (YPS) in order to keep the selling price as low as possible."

More details of Graham's book can be found at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment