Monday 1 February 2010

Tape used on mounts for competitions

Tapes used for fixing images to mounts
I have had a couple of complaints by judges about tape used to fix some images to their mounts. The concern is whilst in transit, the tape is coming off and could fix to another print damaging it. I am sure none of us would either like that to happen to one of our prints or be the cause of the damage.
I will bring this up at the next committee meeting, as I do not like imposing rules on competition entries. Competitions should be fun, and should not be governed by rules. However, if necessary they can be imposed especially if it is damaging other peoples work.
Therefore, in the interim, could I ask you to check the back of your mounts and look at the way you fix them on to ensure there is no way they can work loose and damage another image.
Thanks, and I will remind you on thursday when I see you all. Please pass this on to those you are in touch with, who do not use the blog.
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment